Monday, June 6, 2011

New Mom Mondays 6/6/11

I think I'm going to start a new Monday blog post ritual.  My Nanny purchased a little book for me from the place she works in Glen Ellyn, IL.  She told me that she thought of me when she saw it and after she read it, she really felt like it was something I could have written, or something I already have written on my blog.  The book is called Eat Your Peas for New Moms: A little wisdom. And a lasting promise.  


Now, by no means at all do I think I am an expert, considering I've only been a mom for 4.5 months.  However, I feel like I've gone through a lot of things in these months, and I'm one of those people that analyzes everything, so every once in a while I think I have something profound to say.  :)  So every Monday, I will try my hardest to impart on my awesome readers a little piece of information that I have learned or come across regarding being a new mom.

Without further ado, I give you "New Mom Mondays!"

The book starts out like this (before giving you little tidbits of wisdom):

Congratulations!  Life as you know it is about to change forever.  And for the better!

Will it be easy?  Not on your life.  But it will be wonderful.  Exhilarating.  Exhausting.  Sometimes scary.  And always surprising.  Which brings me to the reason for this little book.

With all this newness in your life, you are not alone.  I promise.  Want to talk?  Here's my number (in case fatigue affects your memory.)  Call me!  (Ok so I'm not gonna post my phone number here, but the idea behind this page applies to all of you from me.  Send me an email, shoot me a comment, or a message on facebook.  I am always willing to listen and talk and give you any advice I have come across or read about or heard.  I am not embarrassed by much and I'd love to lend a VERY sympathetic ear!)


If you ever want to brag a little (or a lot), if you ever need a good laugh, or a good cry, or just some good old adult conversation Call me!  (or write to me)


I promise to listen (really listen) with all my heart.  What's more, I promise I won't get carried away with free advice (unless of course you really, really want some.)

In the meantime, here's a little homegrown wisdom to go with the wonder of your new little sweet pea...

New Mom Monday 6/6/11:

Your baby is so lucky to be loved by you.


This is so very true.  He/she is lucky to have you, as is everyone else in your life.  Don't ever forget this! And don't ever forget, you may not be the perfect mom, but you are the perfect mom for your little peanut!




No comments:

Post a Comment