Sunday, June 5, 2011

Family

There is something totally awesome about watching your husband with your child...like yesterday.  Kayla and I had to get up early to head to the airport for our trip to Chicago to visit my family.  I fed her when she woke up at about 4 or so and after I fed her she fell asleep on our bed.  I decided it was ok to cuddle with her for an hour or so before we had to leave.  I gently scooted her a little closer to her dad, and what followed, I really wish I had a picture of.  Justin, half asleep put his arm over Kayla's teeny body (she was lying on her left side, as was he) like he was spooning her, his hand flat on the bed.  She, also half asleep, sort of settled right into her dad and then gently placed her right hand flat, right on top of Justin's.  I would give anything to have a picture of that scene!

There is also something almost equally as awesome about seeing the people you love (your family and friends) interact with and love your daughter.  It's obvious that Justin and I love her, and I just assume everyone else does as well.  My parents are totally doting over their first grandchild, and my sisters can't get enough.  My brother had a slightly different situation.  He hadn't gotten to meet Kayla until this weekend.  He talked to her on skype when she was little, but he was in California over the winter.  He is the youngest of four and the only boy, and I've been wondering how he would be with Kayla.  When we got here yesterday he immediately emerged from the bedroom and took her from Lauren, which was awesome to see.  Since then, there has been a lot of activity, but today, the magic happened! :)

My dad and my Nanny went to church when Lauren and I returned from a walk with Kayla and Layla.  Lauren was in the shower and my mom went to change Kayla in the living room where Brendan was.  After she finished, she and I started to get some things together to give Kayla a bath, leaving Kayla on the floor in the living room with Brendan alone.  It only took about 2 seconds for Brendan to pick her right up off the floor and talk to her.  Then he put her down and started making funny faces and noises at her and she was just giggling...  I guess I just expected my sisters (probably because they are women) to just adore my baby, but seeing my little brother adore her is extra special!

I just love seeing the people dear to me love my daughter.  Sort of like my favorite blogger talked about here.

As she so eloquently put it.."Can I get an "amen" for how good it feels to watch your friends love your babies? These kids are my heart and when you love them, you consequently just found yourself a deeper place in my own heart. Likewise, to let my friends know I love them...sometimes loving their kids is the best place to start." -Kelle Hampton



No comments:

Post a Comment