Tuesday, November 23, 2010

32 week check-up

Justin and I went to the usual OB office visit today: check-in, check weight, pee in a cup, get blood pressure, wait for doctor or midwife, measure belly, listen to heartbeat, ask questions...every time...  Justin hasn't been to the OB with me in quite some time and after the appointment he says, "So is that pretty standard for your visits?"  Haha, um yeah pretty much exactly every time.

Great things from this visit:

  • I haven't gained that much weight since my last visit (which I think it awesome, especially because they aren't saying there is anything wrong with the growth of the baby or anything like that)

  • The doctor we saw today was very nice, just like everyone at this office (Justin is taking credit for finding us a great OB-GYN office)

  • She eased some labor fears by repeating multiple times how "nice and tall" we are and how she thinks I will do "just fine"

  • She also eased my fears about the baby being breach because of my poorly positioned sacrum.  She told me not to worry about anything until 36 weeks- so we have another month.

  • She (along with pretty much every other person we've seen) mentioned that the baby's heartbeat is 130-140 bpm - "Perfect"


I can't believe we only have 8 weeks left.  If you haven't put your vote in on the pool, see my previous post, or the link on the right side of the page!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I hope everyone spends some time letting the important people in their lives know how thankful they are to have them!

1 comment:

  1. I would Luke to change my gender in the baby pool from girl to boy now that you have mentioned heartate. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete