Saturday, March 24, 2012

2 Little Lines

After Justin snagged a job (which he really likes by the way) in the beginning of December, I started asking him about when we could start trying to have another baby.  (He would probably call it bugging him.)  We had already talked about having babies close together in age as long as we were pretty settled and could keep the stress to a minimum.  I mean, we registered for a stroller that converted to a double on purpose.  Well, we both had good arguments.  Justin's side was that it would be as easy to get pregnant as it was with Kayla (can we say one time?)  I saw his point, but my point was what if it wasn't?  What if it took many many months of trying over and over again?  Then our babies become not so close in age.  So we sort of decided that we would start trying when we felt comfortable with getting pregnant right away, but if it took a few months that would be ok too.

I didn't want to chart and put too much pressure on getting pregnant, but I have a pretty good idea each month of the best time frame for me.  So after Justin was offered and accepted a job and we had figured out how we would afford everything, we decided to start trying.

*Note: This is the only time you will ever hear me say this. (Unless it happens again, I own it.)*

Well, Justin was right.

It took one time.  Again.

And two weeks later, I nervously washed my face in the bathroom while this happened:

Justin was already in bed so I text him the photo and then went in to hug him.  I think he was not that shocked but pretty scared.  Or maybe he was just tired.

Me on the other hand.  I wanted this I should just be thrilled right?  What no one tells you before you have kids is this: no matter if you are trying or not, those two little lines never bring on emotions that are black and white.  You never only feel happy and thrilled.  And you never only feel scared and shocked.  I was excited, but also really scared and slightly in disbelief.  If my stomach wasn't expanding so quickly this time around, I wouldn't actually believe it even now.

I'll write more about how my feelings have evolved over the last 12 weeks since we found out soon, but for now, bring on the next adventure.  I love riding this roller coaster with Justin by my side (and Kayla safely in our laps.) :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, congratulations! A new baby is always so exciting (and you're right, scary too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's very scary! So many different emotions! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I can't believe I've been following you since Kayla and now a second! So awesome for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you've been following me since Kayla either! :) Thank you though! For the contrats and following me. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! What a blessing that you get pregnant so easily! Hope the pregnancy is going well:)

    ReplyDelete