- Celebrated my 2nd birthday
- Got some photos taken with Jordann
- Passed sickness back and forth with Brody. (Double ear infection)
- Took my first dance class! And was the only one the first week not in ballet clothes.
- Spent some time outside pulling Brody on the sled
- Celebrated Valentine's Day and all the people we love
- Became more independent at dance class
- Tried to stay healthy - unsuccessfully
- Had a playdate with some long time very good friends!
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Brody's half birthday
- Still tried to stave off the sickness (still not working)
- Had more playdates with friends and more ballet class
- Took a photo with the Easter bunny and had chocolate chip cookies at Abt.
- Celebrated Easter, painted eggs, found eggs at Gigi's
- Celebrated my Aunt Lauren and Uncle Kevin's upcoming wedding
- Apparently didn't do much since Mommy didn't take any photos this month (pretty much at all)
- Still sick!!! Probably my 5th double ear infection.
- Moved into out new house!! Got a new room, took me a while to get used to sleeping there.
- Explored the new park by our house.
- Celebrated Mother's Day
- Painted for Gigi and Nini
- Got very very sick before I was supposed to be the flower girl in Lauren's wedding
- Aunt Lauren and Uncle Kevin get married!
- Celebrated Father's Day in Milwaukee on the beach with Kevin, Lauren and Liam
- Went strawberry picking with friends
- Had a playdate with two long time friends of mommy's
- Had fun playing with my brother in our new house
- Spent a lot of time outside while Mommy took pictures
- Celebrated the 4th of July
- Celebrated Brody's baptism
- Went to the WI State Fair
- Celebrated Daddy's birthday
- Celebrate's Liam's 1st birthday
- Visited Aunt Meme's apartment and went to the park
- Visited a lot of parks near our house
- Wore my favorite summer dress as much as humanly possible
- Celebrated Brody's 1st birthday (Nini and Pampy come to visit)
- Had more photos taken with Jordann
- Spent lots of time at parks in our new hometown - Mommy didn't take a lot of photos because she was frustrated with her camera this month
- Went apple picking
- Picked pumpkins and saw some horses and chickens and Wagner Farm
- Dressed up as a spider for Halloween at school
- Went trick-or-treating at school
- Celebrated Mommy's birthday
- Celebrated Thanksgiving with family
- Had fun playing in the leaves when Mommy and Daddy were raking
- Finally after a long year of ear infections and pain, had tubes put in my ears (I haven't had an ear infection or really even been sick since!!)
(No photos, because I'm getting too tired of posting them. So look back on my Thanksgiving posts and my post with the photos from the leaves if you are interested. :) )
- Had fun decorating the house for Christmas
- Celebrated Christmas with my family.
- Enjoyed the snow, shoveling and sliding down the big snow piles, making snow angels
- Went on a trolley lights tour of the city with Mommy
(Again, no photos from December. Still working on it.)
I cannot believe how much my little girl has grown in the past year. It's actually amazing the giant leaps toddlers make from 2-3 years old. Kayla looks so much more like a little person. She's definitely lost all of her baby fat. She talks like a 5 year old sometimes. She is officially sleeping in a normal bed (queen size - lucky girl). She potty trained, learned to jump, and learned to eat better!
My little peanut loves parks, slides, running, singing, dancing, playing with dolls, puzzles, books, airplanes, fountains, snow, being outside, swimming, and so many more things. She loves helping me with EVERYTHING around the house. She helps me with the laundry, she helps me fold the laundry, she loves to help me clean the house. She loves brushing her teeth and washing her hands. Overall, she's a relatively easy toddler. She doesn't really like to go to sleep at night, but things could be worse. She loves to do everything mommy does. She loves photography and she loves yoga. I honestly can't think of too many things she doesn't like.
My little girl is curious and creative and sensitive and loving and caring and kind. I can't wait to see her grow up. I am so lucky to have such an awesome little person in my life. I will forever be grateful she made me a mom, and my journey as a mom sure started with a bang because of her.