Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poor Baby

Kayla hasn't ever been sick in her nearly 7 months of life.  This week, I read a new book called Starting Solids to have some sort of plan on where to go with feeding her, because this seems to be the most confusing thing.  I mean, am I just supposed to wing it?  If you know me at all, I don't "wing it."  When you give me a recipe, you bet your ass it better have specific step by step instructions.  Don't even think about putting any of that "add a pinch of this" crap.

I digress.

The point it, the author talked about all these good starter foods and has some great recipes and good first finger foods, so I wanted to try some new things.  Well this week, I added peaches and yogurt with pears into her diet on the same day (a no-no in some circles.)  Ever since then, she's been REALLY stuffy.  I'm not entirely convinced it was the peaches or the yogurt, and I know it wasn't the pears since she's had those before.  I called the doctor's office today to get some advice (since she screams bloody murder and writhes around with her strong little muscles when I try to get saline up there and suck out some boogers.)  The nurse told me to just do the saline without the bulb syringe and she'll just sneeze it out.  I'll also probably have Justin put the cold mist humidifier in her room tonight.

Whatever it is...I feel really bad for her.  She's so snot-filled it's hard for her to eat so she's not eating well or sleeping that well, but I know she's so tired.  Poor little stinker (thought I took this yesterday and she doesn't seem too upset...)

Photobucket

And just because....quick story.  I hate taking Kayla into public bathrooms because I never know where to put her while I go.  I don't know if you've ever tried to go to the bathroom while holding a wriggly baby, but it's tough.  On our way home from the Midwest in July, the restroom had these....  She seems to really like it there. :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I just leave my daughter in the stroller and use the handicapped stall (or leave her in her carrier if she's there: good for building up thigh muscles!)

    I love the little seat though: every bathroom in Japan has them, and it's such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those seats- aren't they cool?! I usually keep Penny in the Ergo while I go. Same goes for the airplane bathroom when I'm flying just the 2 of us. Sorry Kayla is so stuffy. Have you heard of the nosefrida? I didn't have much luck with it, but some parents swear by them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I have an ergo, but most of the time when I bring Kayla places, I'm just carrying her in (or initially she was in her carseat.) And actually, this was on a road trip so I definitely was just carrying her in. Maybe I should use my ergo more!

    Elle, I have heard of the nosefrida, but actually just using the saline seemed to help yesterday. She sneezed some stuff out and some of it was so runny afterwards I just ended up gently wiping her nose after using it. :)

    (P.S. I wish blogger had a respond to comment option...)

    ReplyDelete