Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today, the love of my life is 29.

Justin and I are complete opposites.  We like different music.  I love movies, he doesn't care about them practically at all.  He's tall dark and handsome, I'm short(er than him), blonde (normally) and homely. :)  He likes sports and ESPN (which I'm ok with SOMETIMES and depending on the sport), I like reality t.v.  He likes to cook and eat almost anything.  I despise cooking and like to eat what he cooks (mostly).  He likes to sleep the days away on the weekends.  I like to get out and do something, anything really.

Fundamentally, however, we have the same priorities: friends and family come first and foremost.  It's great if you like your work, but really work is what you do so you can do what you want outside of work.  I know he would do anything for me, and Lord knows I'm stubborn and I don't deserve someone like him.  But for some reason, he puts up with me.  It's probably because I gave him the cutest little girl in the world.

I love you more than anything, Justin David Hales, and I am looking forward to at least 50 years more of birthdays, anniversaries and holidays with you and our family.

Here's a look at 7 years of pictures (well almost):

College and immediately post college (for me):






Grad school:























A few engagement photos:





A few wedding photos:








A few pro honeymoon photos:







A some of our new family of 3:








Believe it or not, I have more than this...a lot more I think.  I'll save those for October :).

2 comments:

  1. Look how red Kayla's hair looks in the second to last picture! I love the last picture. Was that in PA? You need to PS the background to something more fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair looks red probably at least partially because of the lighting...yep it was in PA..Dave will probably PS it. :)

    ReplyDelete