Monday, August 1, 2011

NMM 8/1/11

Holy moly, can you believe it's August?  Where is summer going?  I'm not gonna lie though...I really love the fall!!!  Bring on the leaves, cooler weather, football and Halloween in Hawaii!!!  Woot woot!

Anyways, back to the matter at hand:

Listen whole-heartedly to your partners instincts about baby, because they may just notice something that you have overlooked.  They know what they are talking about too!!

This week's tidbit is from me, not my "Eat Your Peas" book.  People always say that there is a "motherly instinct" and I think this is probably true.  But what you don't realize is that Dad has some instincts too, and just because you aren't really sure about what he's saying doesn't mean he is wrong.  Give your partner some credit and take their thoughts and opinions on what is going on with baby into serious consideration, because honestly, they are probably right.  It's sort of like 2 head are better than 1, and it is really nice to have someone there willing to help you out!!

Things Justin has figured out about Kayla long before I saw it:

  • She hates being wet, and pees a TON
  • She likes when you sing "Twinkle, twinkle" to her when putting her down
  • She's not a big fan of those sleep sacks or footies because she hates to have her feet trapped
  • She loves the texture of those Aden & Anais swaddling blankets in bed
I'm sure there are a bunch more, but my pregnancy brain has crept into my non-pregnancy body.  The point is, listen to your partner!  They know what they are talking about too and also have baby's best interest at heart, because they love her (him) just as much as you do!

Kayla seriously LOVES the pool...it's hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment