Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Check Off #3

#3: Try becoming a brunette.

As many of you may know, I like to experiment with my haircuts.  I am very UNpicky about how my stylist Nina cuts it.  (BTW if you live in the DC/VA area, go to Nina at Glynn Jones Salon & Spa...she is super amazing and fun to boot!)  I like to try new things because I quickly become bored with what it looks like.  I'll try almost any cut Nina recommends, but I have never, ever dyed my hair darker.  I've been a blonde my whole life, the only thing that we've done is some lowlights (along with highlights).  Here's a fun little series of my hair through the past 5 years or so.  I'll call it "Hair by Nina."
(Post massive photo upload edit: I posted way more pictures than I needed to, but I thoroughly enjoyed reliving my life for the past 5 years! :))


First outing with GW friends Sept 06

Out in DC Fall 06

Another night out Fall 06

Hallowwn 06

Winter 06

Winter 06 (Justin has this problem A LOT!)

Winter 06 

Jan/Feb 07

Jan/Feb 07

Spring 07

Spring 07

Early Summer 07

Summer 07 (This is when I asked Nina to "cut my hair like Victoria Beckham" (I love her). This is the shortest is has ever been.)

 
Summer 07

Fall 07 - Alumni weekend at Tech

Fall/Winter 07 in Charlotte <3 - When I decided I wanted bangs

Spring 08

May 08

May 08

Summer 08

July 2nd, 2008...a day that would change my life entirely! :)

August 08 - Maroon 5, Counting Crows, Sarah Barielles

September 08 - one of a few fun times at this apartment!

Winter 08

Jan 09

Dec 08 (a terrible idea to go ice skating...I swear I broke both knee caps.)

NYE 09

(I actually think this is out of place..Oct 08)

Wedding Hair Trial

10/10/09

10/10/09

Hawaiian Honeymoon Oct 09 (Longest it's ever been)

Hawaiian Honeymoon Oct 09

Winter 09

Spring 10 (When my hair was amazing since I was pregnant) 
P.S. this is at the sushi place I'm really going to miss.

Labor Day 10

Sept/Oct 10

Oct 10

1st Anniversary Oct 10

October 10

Oct 10

Nov 10 7 months pregnant

April 11 (Kayla's first haircut by Nina!)

So there's a history of my hair.  Although it doesn't seem all that different in a lot of the photos, I tend to go from short, to long, to bangs, to really short, to really long, with highlights/lowlights thrown in their too.  I just hate to be boring...and last week, I decided I didn't want to wait any longer.  I was going to check something off my 101 list and I wanted to do something different.  So I made an appointment with Nina to dye my hair brown.  It's two full shades darker than normal for me, and it DOES make my eyes pop! :)  I love it, I'm just not sure about the upkeep! 

And over the weekend, someone that didn't know us pointed out that Kayla's hair is light, but it won't stay like that since both Justin and I have dark hair.  I quickly pointed out to her that this wasn't my natural color, so she can be a blonde if she wants to be! :)  I guess that's just a tribute to how natural Nina always makes me look! 

August 3, 2011 - crappy iPhone photo taken immediately post color/cut and edited as best I could. 


No comments:

Post a Comment