Tuesday, August 16, 2011

PA Trip

Justin's dad's cousin lives in (or near) Clarion, PA.  So two weekends ago (I know I'm a bit behind...editing photos takes me some time) we drove up there to see my in-laws and some of Justin's family.

We left on Friday morning pretty early and drove the 4.5ish hours up to the middle of nowhere, PA.  I joked with them that the closest Best Buy was like an hour and a half away.  Really?!?  Well, "Is there a Starbucks here?" I asked...because everyone knows there is a Starbucks EVERYWHERE.  There was one there if you must know.  :)

Anyways, we got there around lunch time on Friday, after a stop at our favorite road trip food source, Sheetz.  We had lunch, played, ate dinner, played...you get the point.  Kayla is full of life nowadays, despite the lack of sleep.  She and her grandpa laughed over a beach ball for about 30 minutes.  She is so entertaining.  Friday night bedtime went pretty much as usual.  Kayla woke up at around 10 crying, so I just fed her and she went right back to sleep.  When Justin and I headed to bed shortly after that, she woke up crying at 11:15 (we managed to get her back to sleep) and 12:15, after which she would cry every time we tried to put her back in the crib.  Basically, she was up and ready to play, FOR 3 HOURS.  I'm not kidding, she was up for 3 hours straight.  I rocked her, walked around with her, laid down with her, we tried everything...and it was miserable.  By far the worst night of her short life.  I finally fed her again at 3ish and went into the other room.  Justin offered to stay up with her while I slept for a bit then we would switch.  Well, apparently she fell asleep shortly after I fed her and Justin was able to sleep for a bit.  On Saturday, everyone else went to watch a little tikes soccer game while Justin and I stayed back to nap while Kayla slept.  And she sure did sleep...she took 2 very long naps (which hadn't been happening AT ALL prior to this.)

What is amazing to me is that, even though she is seriously a terrible sleeper, she still manages to be smiley and giggly and fun during the day when she is up.  I guess I'm blessed by that fact at least...even if I'm exhausted.  The rest of the weekend pretty much involved eating and more playing cards and playing with Kayla.  There was also a birthday party thrown in there.  After that night, she has been slightly back to her normal with sleeping.  I'm still awaiting the day I'm not up at least 1-2 times with her every night.  Oh well, minus Friday night it was a fun weekend.  Enjoy the photos.  :)

On the way up...this is what I look at in the rear view mirror when I'm driving Miss Kayla

Giraffe leggings with onesie...haha




Kayla with Grandma and Grandpa Hales

She literally puts everything and anything in her mouth

Slowly but surely learning to drink from a cup/sippy cup

Family photo
Kicking and playing with her car seat on the way home

P.S. I made these photos really small AND saved them for the web, and they are STILL blurry!!!  Suck it, blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment