Sunday, August 28, 2011

Great Grandpa Markowski

My paternal grandfather (one of Kayla's FOUR great grandfathers) turned 90 yesterday!!

When we took Kayla to meet my family in April, he got a little light headed and dizzy at church.  He ended up in the hospital while we were visiting (luckily he got to meet Kayla before all this happened.)  He wound up having to have a pacemaker put in, but he is doing so great!  He still loves to garden, and work in the basement, and help my grandma cook.  He's always been a quiet guy, but he is the most kind and hospitable person.  Ever since I was little, every time you walk into their house he always asks what you want to drink.  I'll always remember him going up and down the stairs to the basement to make us Shirley Temples (a Markowski child drink of choice.)  He used to make little wooden Christmas ornaments around the holidays.  And he always has the nicest flowers.

I am so blessed to have been able to grow up and really get to know all four of my grandparents and I can only hope Kayla will be as blessed!!

Happy 90th Birthday Papa!!  We love you!!
<3 Melissa, Justin & Kayla


Photobucket

1 comment: