Monday, December 19, 2011

Top Five Worst Christmas Songs

So lots of my blogger friends have countdowns and fun stuff on their blogs for the holidays.  Granted, most of them are the best, or funniest such and such, so I thought I would do something a little different.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE christmas music.  I could listen to it all day everyday throughout December.  (Sidenote: if you haven't checked out Michael Buble's new Christmas CD, you are missing out.  He's amazing.  And HOT.)  While I love holiday music, there are those few songs that I have to change the radio station or turn down the volume so I don't have to listen to them.  So here are my top five WORST Christmas songs.

*Disclaimer:  This is my own opinion.  You have the right to yours as well so if you like any of these songs, I'm sorry but you have poor Christmas music taste. :)

5. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer- Dr. Elmo

I often find myself singing to this despite my dislike.  I just don't like it.  No explanation necessary.



4. Where Are you Christmas- Faith Hill

Now, you all may or may not know about my lesbian girl crush on Faith Hill on Sundays (I mean come on, leather bodysuit, catchy song, you can't go wrong), but this Christmas song is bad.

YouTube won't let me embed this video so here it is.

3.  Christmas Shoes- Alabama

Ok so this song isn't that bad, but I'm of the opinion that Christmas songs should be joyful & merry.  Call me crazy.  But this song is sad.  Like, really sad.  Therefore, not a great Christmas song in my opinion.



 2. Grown Up Christmas List- Amy Grant

Something about this song just rubs me the wrong way.  But, if you want a slightly tolerable version, Michael Buble does one.  He makes everything tolerable. :)



1.  Christmas Eve in Washington.  Maura Sullivan

As much as I love DC, this song makes my ears bleed.  If you look on youtube for it, you will be sure to hear some even worse renditions, but this is the best video I could find for you.



Honorable Mentions:


1. Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey
2. I can only take so much of Feliz Navidad.
3. I don't HATE this one, but the lyrics are quite bad.  Do They Know It's Christmas- BandAid
4. Happy Christmas (War is Over)- John Lennon.  I have to admit I find myself singing this one but didn't realize how particularly unhappy it was- with more bad lyrics.



3 comments:

  1. what about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAH30jt9yhk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My least favorite Christmas song is "Baby it's Cold Outside".. because when you pay attention to the lyrics its creepy and sounds like its about a date rape. ("Whats in this drink?" A roofie. Call a friend and get HOME!)

    ReplyDelete