Friday, December 9, 2011

The Holiday Season

I love the holidays.  I drink them up like a warm cup of hot cocoa.  I'm feeling a little less cheerful this year when I think about how we won't be able to have our own family Christmas since we are still trying to get settled.  And because work, mixed with holiday shopping, mixed with tight finances, mixed with child care and apartment searches are really starting to wear on me.

But I am choosing to focus on my love of the holidays and time spent with family over all the other things.  I'm choosing to relish in Kayla's first Christmas, even if she won't remember it.  I'm choosing to be confident that in the New Year, our lives will be more calm and less stressful, and by this time next year we will be able to start our own holiday traditions with Kayla.  And maybe next year, she WILL remember it.

I'm going to make Mom let me put up the tree and decorations today.  Until later, enjoy my new favorite Christmas song.  I love Michael Buble and I love Christmas music.  Put them together and I pretty much basking in my joy.

Also,  if you love Christmas music, go check out my sister's blog this month.  She's posting a new Christmas song every day. :)

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the decorating :) Love this song. Love you guys... see you in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete