Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kona, HI Day 6 Part 1

On Monday, since we had another day to kill before our big surf lessons, we decided to take the VERY short drive down to White Sands Beach where the body boarding was supposed to be very fun.  Gigi also said that Kayla told her she really wanted to go to the beach and see the ocean.  So we left in the morning early enough so we wouldn't have to push Kayla's nap off for too long.  We set up our little area and Justin and I took Kayla and the camera down to the water.  Not gonna lie, I just knew she would love it considering how much she loves the pool.  

But love it she did not.  In fact, I'd probably say she hated it.  The shore break was pretty big and loud and she didn't want her feet anywhere near the sand (wait until the photo I have from the Black Sand Beach for you!)  So here are a few photos Justin snapped of Kayla's first time in the ocean.  (I think my family did a great job with photos while I got to do some things on our trip, but I have to remember to turn it back to auto focus, so the camera picks where to focus since I don't use that feature much anymore, it messes up the focus point for the other people using the camera.)

Photobucket
Fighting me while I try to walk her to the water.
Photobucket
Shadows
Photobucket
This lack of focus is what I'm talking about...not Justin's fault, mine for not changing the settings.
Photobucket
Still really unsure about what's going on beneath my feet.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't make me sit in this stuff!
Photobucket
Please pick me up.
Photobucket
Seriously, I don't like this.
So we gave up trying to convince Kayla the ocean is fun and she went with GiGi and Aunt Meg to have some lunch.  Meanwhile, the rest of us did some body boarding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is probably the wave where Meg ate it, and then the lifeguard proceeded to warn everyone about the dangers of the shore break and body boarding.
I also ate it once or twice and gave up because it's really not that fun when you can't quite get it.  So I went to hang out with Kayla, and give her some water.  She didn't love being really close to the ocean, but she sure loved the beach.  The following photos are a series of screaming.  With every sip of water Kayla would take, she would then turn to me and scream (like happy screaming.)  It was hilarious and Meg got some really good photos!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Daddy (the ocean lover) took her to try to see if she would try the waves/ocean again.  She still wasn't interested, but wasn't crying.  She was really tired, as it was past nap time, so she cuddled up with Daddy and almost fell asleep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We headed back so Kayla could take a nap and we could spend the early afternoon relaxing and getting ready for Kayla first Halloween.  (Part 2 up next...)

No comments:

Post a Comment