Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays From the Hales

I wanted to do joint Christmas/Thank You cards this year, but I'm starting to think I'm a horrible person and it is clearly way to late to thank everyone for the kind gifts that were sent to us when Kayla was born.  I mean, I'm practically a year late now.  Maybe I write joint "We Moved!"/Thanks for new baby and 1st birthday gifts all in one!

Anyways, back on track here.  I wanted to make a quick photo Christmas card this year.  I was thinking about doing something clever with photos from Hawaii and some clever saying involving Mele Kalikimaka.  So I went on shutterfly and found a card I liked, but couldn't edit the wording.  I went through the uploading pictures/placing process and asked Justin what he thought.

This is the response I got, "Can't you make something like that yourself in Photoshop for a lot cheaper?"  Um, yeah sure I'll take the extra time and effort to make it myself.  Slightly annoyed, I set out on my new task.  Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with how well it came out.

Then I was talking to a patient who is a photographer who gave me the idea to have them printed at vistaprint.com.  I got 30 cards with envelopes for less than $20.  So I highly recommend this.  (Except for some reason, I set the size of my Photoshop document at 5x7 but the 5x7 blank card upload on vistaprint didn't seem to work out well.  It got a little stretched length wise but I still think it looks good.)

The big reveal (I hope everyone has received one...if you didn't, sorry we only had a small amount printed to save money.):


Then, from VistaPrint, you can put a quick photo and message on the back free of charge as well!  Pretty sweet.  Here's a crappy iPhone photo of the back:



1 comment:

  1. Super cute! We used vistaprints this year too. I almost always use them bc they are so super cheap!

    ReplyDelete