Sunday, October 23, 2011

Traditions

I have "creating holiday traditions" on my 101 list.  I've been thinking about fun fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas traditions I can start with Kayla.  I'm coming up blank, as is per usual lately for me.  My brain is filled to the brim right now and I can hardly think of simple words I'm trying to find.  Anyways, any lovely readers have fall/winter holiday traditions that are simple and relatively inexpensive we can start?

(Hawaiin vacations would be a great tradition, but slightly too expensive.) :)  3 days.

Another side note, Happy Birthday to Grandma Hales...still under the hill...below the hill....going up the hill?  Whatever, she's young! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo: she looks ready to explore!

    I love traditions! Pumpkin carving is fun, and playing in leaves if you have the right climate. We used to make/design (not necessarily sew) our own costumes for Halloween, which was a lot of fun and forces you to get creative. For Thanksgiving, we used to each name something we were thankful for and why (even the small children); also, we each had to make a dish (with help if necessary).

    For Christmas, we: 1. made "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers (glue them to cardboard boxes with frosting) and decorated them with candy; it looks pretty and is a lot more fun than fooling around with measuring actual gingerbread; 2. went on a drive to admire all the holiday lights (there's always a neighborhood where they go all out); and 3. went to the Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol (this is more pricey though).

    I am looking forward to having my own family traditions once my daughter is old enough! (Though no Halloween this year, as she's too little and the country I live in doesn't celebrate it)

    ReplyDelete