Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top Five Signs

Kayla has been sleeping better (through the night) for about a month and a half or 2 now.  She was pretty much sleeping 7:30 to 7:30 without any wake ups.  Recently she's been waking up earlier, around 6:30 or so nowadays, and I'm not sure why.  But at least she isn't waking up in the middle of the night.  So I thought for a fun post, I would give you my "Top Five" signs your child has learned that sleep is good.

5.  You don't feel like you could fall asleep while your baby is screaming at the top of his/her lungs.

4.  Sleeping is no longer more important than eating.

3.  I can read more than 3 pages of a book before falling asleep with my Nook in my hands.

2.  I can actually remember words I am trying to think of, things I wanted to do, etc.

And the #1 sign your baby is now sleeping through the night:

1.  Previous train of thought when Kayla started crying in the middle of the night: Holy shit!  What could possibly be wrong now?  I can't believe she won't just sleep!  Why is she torturing us?
Current train of though when Kayla wakes up in the middle of the night (like last night): Oh I guess it's almost 6:30.  *Looks at the clock...3:15 am...What?*

This is ACTUALLY what I thought this morning when Kayla was crying at 3:15.
This is Kayla last week, after I got home from work and she had refused to nap pretty much all day.  I fed her and she literally fell asleep then and there, which she hasn't done in forever.  So I took a picture! :)

Can you give me another sign your baby is sleeping through the night?  (Besides the obvious which Justin pointed out to me, "They don't wake up.")

1 comment: