Thursday, October 6, 2011

Check off #9

Well, I guess it's more of a half check off!  We officially moved, what seems like a long time ago, to Illinois!

Mom flew to Maryland and drove with Kayla and I and our stuffed full car.  We stopped in Columbus to see family and meet Kayla's third cousin Charlotte.  And I got to talk to Charlotte's mom ALL about cloth diapering and now I have officially created a monster in 2 people.

Kayla slept the whole night and the next morning we were on the road again.  We finally arrived at my parents condo and Daddy drove down the following Sunday.  Some memorable moments on our trip:
  • Mom and I got to talk about a lot of things
  • Seeing our family in Columbus
  • Talking cloth diapering (it's one of my favorite things to do)
  • Kayla first taste of soft serve ice cream
  • Kayla's first time at Steak 'N Shake




It was long but fun.  Kayla really hates being in the car any longer than 1.5-2 hours.  We are lucky she's a baby that falls asleep in the car pretty easily, but she's so active and mobile now she really hates being stuck in the car seat for very long.  And naps in the car only last about 45 minutes to an hour.

I am looking forward to checking off the other half of this goal when Justin gets a job and we find a great place to live as a family of 3 for the first time since Kayla was 8 weeks old! 


1 comment: