Sunday, October 9, 2011

8 Months (and almost 2 weeks now...OOPS)

Well, about 2 weeks ago, Kayla turned 8 months old! :)  (It happened on her great grandparents anniversary!)  Her 8th month of life was filled with quite a bit of new stuff!

Dear Kayla,

This month you really mastered standing on your own and cruising the furniture.  I'm constantly amazed at how quickly you went from only being able to roll over, to sitting, crawling, pulling to stand, cruising and standing on your own.  All in the span of 2.5 months or less!  I can see how balanced you are.  I think it's amazing how just by looking at you I can practically see how your brain is trying to figure everything out!  I noticed you rocking back and forth from one foot to another and then slowly lifting one foot to take a step before falling.  I'm so excited for you to figure it out.  I can only imagine how proud I will be when you take multiple steps in a row.  I will LOVE watching you practice!  (There are a couple things that have happened after your 8 month birthday and since this post is so late...I think I will write them down and save them for your 9 month post!)

We started giving you real foods this month!  So far you have enjoyed sweet potato fries, corn on the cob, pears, bread/toast, macaroni and cheese, avocado, and some others I can't quite remember!  You also have given some citrus fruits a try, which may have been a mistake on our part.  You loved the kiwi at the time, as well as the mandarin oranges...but I think they are making your poop so acidic you are getting some small reddish bumps.  It seems to be clearing up.  We'll be trying a couple different cloth diaper safe creams (which I will review on this lovely blog!) 

Speaking of cloth diapers....

I sure love your Ragababe diapers, but you are quickly learning how to de-diaper yourself.  Looks like it's a good thing we are getting into "pants season" here in Illinois.



You got to see Washington DC this month.  I didn't want to move away for good without you being able to experience your place of birth!  I know you may not remember it, but I will.  And I will enjoy telling you all about it when you are older!

And this month, we made the 2nd large move of your short life.  I wish this situation had been a little different.  But on the bright side, you've gotten to spend a lot more time with your Aunt Megan and your Gigi and Papa than most little babies get!

The grand finale to this month...

Saying "mama."  I realize it's just a syllable that you have finally figured out and you may not know what you are saying, but it still feels special to me!

I love you and I can't wait to see what the next month holds!  (I guess I've already seen half of it!)

Love, Mommy

Photobucket
It has become very difficult to get these monthly photos since you are SO mobile.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We got you some new toys on sale at target!  10 rubber blocks which will be great in the bathtub, and these fun little links you love to shake and bang together!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I know this is really blurry, but I like to try to get photos of her doing some of the new things she's learned each month...this month was standing.  She really wasn't loving her photos this month.  I think I took about 1/4 of what I normally do, so I'm just glad I got a few decent ones!

P.S. Mommy and Daddy really love that you have started sleeping through the night consistently now...even though we are in a new place and you are in a pack 'n play again.  We are all much cheerier because of it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment