Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Monumental Trip to DC

The Saturday before Kayla and I left with GiGi for Illinois, I basically dragged Justin along with us into DC.  Knowing we were moving and how much I love Washington DC, I felt like we were practically required to take Kayla to see some of the historic sites close to her birthplace.

Photobucket
Ready to go!
On our way there, while driving across the memorial bridge staring at the Lincoln Memorial (where Justin proposed), I said "I love living so close to all this.  I'm going to miss it." Thirty minutes later, while still trying to find somewhere to park, I said, "Well, maybe I won't miss this part of it." :)

Our first stop was the Lincoln.  Justin and I love to reminisce about our honeymoon seeing all the Asian tourists taking pictures with peace signs.  We tried to get some good photos with limited other people in them, without too much success.  I took (and edited) a ton of photos so I'll pick and choose and probably post randomly in other posts as well.
Photobucket
"Where are you taking me?"
Photobucket
"Come on Mom I'm trying to look at these people."
Photobucket
My stinker.
Photobucket
I actually really like this picture.
Photobucket
Normally, she's transfixed by the camera, but not with so many tourists around.
Photobucket
SOOOO many people to look at!
After the Lincoln, we walked to see the new MLK memorial, which was actually pretty neat with great views of the Jefferson.  I took some photos there but none with Kayla so I don't have any edited or ready to post yet.

Photobucket
"Where are we going now, Mom?"
Photobucket
Justin likes the editing on this one.
We proceeded to our favorite memorial next, the FDR.  It's so wonderful there because it doesn't feel like you are in a city.  I took a TON of pictures here.

Photobucket
Mesmerized by the waterfalls
Photobucket
We probably could have sat her in front of the waterfall all day.
Photobucket
Kissable cheeks

Photobucket
Trying to grab the water
Photobucket
Freedom!
Photobucket
She just loves to bang things.
Photobucket
Red is her favorite color.
Photobucket
Such a cutie.
Photobucket
Smiling at Daddy.
Photobucket
This might be my favorite picture I've taken so far.
We finished our walking tour at the WWII memorial so I could take a picture of my Virginia babies. :)

Photobucket
Her new favorite face.
Photobucket
Toes taste good
Photobucket
My VA babies.
Photobucket
The photograph is entitled "Pensive"
Photobucket
Light of my life :)
Overall, I know that Kayla may not remember much, but she loved getting to crawl around outside.  And I will remember the fun day with my little family before we moved away.  I really do love DC and hope we can make it back to visit friends often!
Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment