Tuesday, October 4, 2011

M.I.A. and Starting Work

I'm really sorry I've been a terrible blogger lately!  (By the way, I wrote this and a few other posts yesterday with the intent to post this one like I promised and then realized I never did...I'm seriously the worst...)  With the business of getting our things organized and out of the way at my parents condo and a fiasco trying to get my Illinois PT license through and starting work last week I guess I was too busy to blog.  I can think of a million things I want/need to do while Kayla is napping/sleeping, but it so hard to choose between them:  blog, catch up on my long queue of T.V. shows on Hulu, read, sleep, eat, shower, do this puzzle that's been sitting on the dinning room table, clean my Coach purse, edit photos etc.  See what I mean?

And since going back to work, there is absolutely NO WAY I want to do much else besides be around Kayla when she is up and I am home.  Going back to work was interesting.  I really wasn't looking forward to it pretty much at all.  There wasn't much positive to it in my mind except that I got us to Illinois.  It was hard leaving the house in the morning, but the whole time I was at work last Wednesday, I didn't cry.  It actually felt nice to feel like a normal female human being again and not just Kayla's mom.  I was proud of myself to have gotten through the day.  Even though I really missed her, I knew she was at home having fun and Daddy and Uncle Brendan.  I am glad that Justin gets to spend some quality time with her now.  Oh and the drive home from work is probably the hardest part.  It seems kinda crazy, but for me it is true.  All I want to do is get home to see her and it feels like the drive takes forever and all the lights are inevitably red.  I'm glad I get to see her a little bit every day.

Two days a week I'm 15 minutes away and 2 I am almost an hour away, but that is only for this week.  Next week I'll only be an hour away one day a week so I'm very thankful for that.  My biggest concern is being able to continue breastfeeding.  There isn't a great place to pump at work and my half an hour "lunch period" is actually the second half of a patient's time slot so I've been doing some legal research and I'm going to have to fight for my rights as a breastfeeding mother.  I'll try to keep you updated on that if you are at all interested.  I refuse to be at work for longer than 8.5 hours and I expect a 30 minute break without ANY patients to take care of so I can continue to breastfeed.  And I think that's crap anyways, if you work for 8.5 hours you should get paid for that.  It's not a break when there is still a patient there.  Hopefully, I can find a firm but kind way to express my frustrations.

Anyways, I'm going to try to write some blog posts over the weekend so I don't have as much to do every day to keep up with my blog!  Hopefully this will work out, and I can still put edited photos in all my posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment