Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You put the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble

I think I posted a video either on my blog or on facebook of Kayla "talking" a few months ago.  (This having both a blog and a facebook page is really starting to confuse me.  I can't remember where I did and didn't post things and often times I double post, which I know isn't fun for my facebook friends who are also my blog readers...might have to lay off of facebook.)  Ok, I went back and looked...I posted it on my facebook page on July 29th.  However, Kayla has been "talking" much longer than that.  

Up until a couple days ago, her only "word" was "bah."  She's REALLY good at telling you what a sheep says.  In MANY different tones and vocal ranges and with many varied inflections and deflections. (I think these are the right terms.)  And you can bet I've been saying "Ma-Ma" to her for months upon months.  Well about 1.5-2 weeks ago, she started saying "Ba-Ba" after I would say "Ma-Ma" to her.  I thought this was progress.

Side note: I know that she isn't actually saying any words that she understands but it's still fun.

I've been hearing the Mama syllables for a little while now but only when she's crying or upset.  Well, a couple days ago, she started her love of her second syllable...."Ma."  Yes daddy and aunt Megan and everyone else who wanted their name to be the first, you can suck it.  I win!  (Just kidding. :)  Well, she sure loves to practice her new favorite syllable, along with her old syllable.  

She also loves practicing the new trick daddy taught her.  You know when you put your finger parallel to your mouth and move it up and down over your lips while you are making noise??  No?  Watch the video.  She demonstrates all three of these lovely talents. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment