Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend

So we were going to go down to North Carolina this past week like we usually do, but Kayla was finally sleeping better and I wasn't really in the mood to mess up her routine again.  Plus, it didn't help we had to spend $450 bucks on my car to get 2 new tires and the tires realigned.  I guess since I'll be driving to our new temporary home in Illinois in a couple weeks, this may have stunk, but it's the safest option.

Instead, Justin took the day off on Friday and we spent some time walking around the mall with Kayla.  We also had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Houlihan's.  Kayla was pretty well behaved, except now she likes to scream.  Not like crying screaming, just screaming.  She's just discovering her vocal range I guess.  She actually ate better than normal too.  Friday night, Justin and I took Kayla out late to the GWU/UNC-Wilmington volleyball game to meet some new people, and for me to see some friends.  Kayla was surprisingly well behaved, considering we kept her up about an hour and a half past her bedtime.  She slept a bit on the way there and the entire way home, when I fed her and put her to bed at around 9:30.  She slept straight through to 7:00 am.  Which I guess is about the amount of time she normally sleeps, except normally it's 7:00 pm to around 4 or 5 am.  (Except when she's teething like Sunday night...sigh.)

Saturday we laid around and played and slept.  Nothing exciting, except we Skyped with my family in Ilinois.  We are going to see about getting Kayla's crib to my parents house somehow so she won't have to transition to the pack n play and then back to the crib eventually.  Hopefully this will help with the sleep transitioning.

Sunday was about the same as Saturday.  Kayla took AWESOME naps this weekend too, so that was nice for all of us.

Monday, we had a day filled with friends.  Our friend Dana stopped by for about an hour or so to say hi and see how big Kayla was getting.  Then Megan, Justin, Kayla and I headed to Frederick to see our friends the Claney's.  The Claney's have two little girly girls and their newest addition, Reid.  The girls loved Kayla, except when she tried to steal their toys from them :), and Kayla seemed to have a pretty good time with them.  We also found out she loves corn on the cob.  We are trying to slowly transition her to more "normal" foods.  We aren't really sure how to do it, so it ends up just being bits and pieces of what we are eating.  Reid was adorable, but not to happy he got woken up early from his nap.  He's going to have some thick skin with those 2 big sisters!

It was so great to catch up with some friends before we move to the Midwest.  I brought my camera to take some photos of the girls and Reid, but I made a beginner error and forgot to make sure the battery was charged.  Duh.  So you'll just have to settle for some older pictures of Kayla.

Photobucket

Kayla loves using the dog bin of toys just like her toy basket...she tries to lift his big heavy rope out of there but isn't quite strong enough yet...she's working on it!

Photobucket
"What Mom?  I'm not doing anything wrong."  Look at that face...it's hard to say no to those baby blues.

Photobucket
This picture is pretty blurry but it's the best one I had from the day she was trying to climb up Megan's legs to eat her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment