Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11/11

I needed this day.

I needed this poignant reminder to never take the people in your life for granted.

I needed the day filled with recaps, documentaries, and stories of the people directly and indirectly affected by that day 10 years ago.

I needed this day to remind myself that I have a choice.  I have a choice to focus on the positive or the negative.  I have a choice on how I live my life and how I react to things that happen.

This year has been the hardest of my life, but instead of dwelling on our seemingly terrible luck, I am going to be thankful I have a husband who has worked his butt off and stood by my side, unwaveringly.  Instead of being really sad I have to leave Kayla while returning to work, I'm going to focus on my identity as a woman, instead of just as a wife and mother.

I am so thankful to go to bed and wake up every morning with a beautiful, happy baby, an adoring husband, a wonderful family and fantastic friends.  That is my new focus.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment