Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lottery Luck

I wouldn't consider myself a lucky person when it comes to winning things or other things like that.  Lucky in life, I guess you could say that to a point, but I also worked my butt off for a lot of things.  But I have to tell you...

I think I won the in-law lottery.

I feel like I'm always hearing how people really dislike their in-laws, or how their mother-in-law did something that just really rubbed them the wrong way.  I don't really find this happens to me with my in-laws at all.

They are kind, loving, funny, and really fun to be around.  They would do anything within their power to help their kids and especially their grand kids, and they treat their daughter-in-law and son-in-law like their own.  The have driven up to the DC metro area twice to help us move our stuff, into a pod and to my sister's place.  They have loaned us money when we really need it (and are patiently waiting for us to be able to pay them back.)  We NEVER go hungry when we are around them, that's for sure.  And they love Kayla, obviously, who doesn't.

Thank you, Dave and Jill, for doing everything you can for us and for accepting me into your family!

Also, for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Justin won the in-law lottery too since my parents are amazing, but I'm biased.

Are you one of the lucky ones who has in-laws that they love?

 

1 comment:

  1. Nope:) I'm glad you have awesome in-laws though (and that you recognize it)!

    ReplyDelete