Friday, September 16, 2011

Funny Faces Fridays

This edition of Friday favorites is dedicated to something I've noticed since becoming a mom.  I drafted part of this post about 5 months ago.  Yeah, I guess I've been busy.

One of my favorite things about having a baby is the looks people give you.  Granted, everyone looks at you now, and it's not because you are looking good.  And I expect those googly baby eyes from older ladies who are probably grandmothers and other moms.  What I love is the funny faces you get from people you least expect them from: punk-y teenagers on their smart phones, manly men who look like they spend a little too much time in the gym, or ladies who wear business suits and look like the type of lady whose priorities lie within her work environment.

When Kayla was around 3.5 months old, I took a trip to Harris Teeter with her one day.  As I was exiting, there was a young girl listening to her iPod sitting on a bench in "the in between" (that's the area between the doors to the outside and the doors to the grocery store, you know, the "foyer" if you will.)  She looked to be maybe late teens/early 20s, and she didn't even glance at me as I walked by with Kayla in her car seat in the cart facing me.  But as I passed by her, I looked out of the corner of my eye and caught her making funny faces at Kayla.  You know the kind I mean.  The kind where it's like the person is saying, "OH MY GOODNESS, YOU ARE JUST SO CUTE, LOOK AT HOW CUTE YOU ARE, HIIIIII BABY!"  You know in that baby voice it seems that EVERYONE has and must bring out around babies.  It made me smile.  Maybe babies just bring out the anti-stereotype in people. :)

*I realize I may have made a few stereotypes in this post, but just wanted to say I don't judge those people at all.  Just based on appearance, sometimes there are people you just assume aren't baby people.  Which may not be true but sometimes that's what it looks like from the outside.


This picture is from back when I first drafted this post.

Other things I love:

Sales at Coach.  We (read I) are always invited to their "private sales" about once every 2 months which usually involve $100 off a $300 purchase.  Which sounds SO awesome, then you realize most of their purses cost $298 or $358 so it's not like you can spend JUST $300, since $298 won't get you the discount and $358 only really gets you $42 less than $300.  Right?!?  Ok I've over analyzed it, but I love you Coach.  Also, I may have too many coach purses....but isn't this one lovely...

Fall.

Fashion.  Did anyone I know actually get a chance to BUY anything from the Missoni for Target collection?  I may trek it to Target today for baby food and to see if there is anything left.


No comments:

Post a Comment