Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Halfway!!

Today is 20 weeks (if you are going by the ultrasound people - which I am)!!  I can't believe I'm halfway there!

You already read about our big halfway ultrasound on Friday, but we also did a lot more over our weekend.  On Friday after my appointments, I drove up to Laurel, MD while Justin finished up work before driving up with Uncle Paul (Meg's fiance).  We were staying with them Friday night because Justin and Paul were playing in a volleyball tournament on Saturday with a friend, James, in Frederick, MD.  On Saturday, Meg and I watched a movie in the morning and then met with Miranda (James' wife) and there two cute little ones, Charlotte and Susannah.  The tournament seemed to be a pretty good time, at least to the guys.  We just sat and chatted before one of the girls had a little meltdown - it was nap time.  So we went back to Miranda and James' place and chatted some more, while the boys drank all day and we waited patiently to eat.  All in all, it was a fun day.

We stayed kinda late and ended up staying at Megan and Paul's again on Saturday night, but I begged Justin to leave a little earlier on Saturday because I was getting a serious nesting instinct.  We ended up moving the love seat out of the den/nursery so there is room for a crib maybe!!  We also cleaned out some junk from the den, cleaned out old clothes from under the bed and the closet and I hung a bunch of items to clear up some space.  I felt so accomplished and it made me so excited to have some resemblance of a nursery-type room or at least have some more space for baby items.  I can't wait to meet this little one!!

We are off to Milwaukee to spend some quality time with the Markowski half of my family this weekend, so I'm praying hurricane Earl doesn't interrupt our travel plans.  Can't wait to see everyone!!  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend!!

1 comment: