Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meet me at the fair...with my sweetheart(s)

On Saturday, Justin had to work a table at the Arlington County Fair for a couple hours.  He told me I could come over and meet him if I wanted.  At first, all I thought was "no way."  But then I looked online and it looked like it could be fun: games, rides, jewelry stands, pig races, and most importantly, funnel cakes!!  So he came home and then we went back.

We walked around the indoor stands first, before we went outside where he played some games and we (he) ate some food, and I ate a funnel cake.  All in all, not too exciting but a nice way to get out of the house.  The biggest shocker of the day for me was at the beginning, as we were walking around the indoor displays.

I have recently discover the ElliptiGo (an elliptical bike) and as we were walking, we thought we saw some of them.  So we hustled over to see if it really was it and if we could test them out (should have known the Arlington County Fair would NEVER have ElliptiGos).  Well, needless to say, they were some sore of adult standing tricycles: 3 wheels, foot plates and handles.  The lady proceeded to tell us how they operated- you had to turn the handle bars using you arms side to side to get it to move forward (doesn't sound like much fun to me but whatever.)  Justin said "So it's basically all arms?" And she responded that it took a lot of trunk motion as well.  She then asked Justin if he wanted to try it out.  As he hesitated, she added, "But I don't recommend your pregnant wife try them out.  How far along are you?"  I was so flustered that she blatantly was talking about my belly without me telling her (and I don't think I'm THAT big) that I hesitated before I responded with "About 18 weeks."  Thinking back, I sorta wish I had told her that I wasn't pregnant and seen what her response was then.

Guess I'll be getting these types of comments more often now.  On a totally separate note, I TOTALLY have pregnancy moods swings but I'm trying to keep them to myself and not act on them.  I think I'm doing a decent job, but it's rough.

Here's a photo of the bike on my wish list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment