Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pepto Bismol?

This morning, when I work up with the most horrendous indigestion and cramping pain, so bad that I thought I was going to have to go to the doctor instead of to work today, I couldn't help but think of those catchy pepto bismol ads on t.v.  It may just be me, but it sounds like medicine directed towards pregnant ladies to me: "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach..."

I can honestly say I can count the number of times in my life I have had heartburn on one hand, and all those times have been in the past week and a half.  And with the unbelievable indigestion I'm experiencing at 17 weeks, I can't imagine what it's going to be like at 37-39 weeks.  I've been looking at what I've been eating too and it doesn't seem to be anything that I think would cause this sensation.  (I mean, we did have chili this weekend because I was craving it, but really, it's been 5 days...)

And the cramping, I know some of it is normal but it begs the question...how much is normal?  And when the heck do I start worrying?

Sorry, I needed to vent, but generally I'm actually feeling pretty awesome!  Maybe I have Sarah and prenatal yoga to thank! :)

Happy Hump Day!!

2 comments:

  1. you will find the most random things trigger heartburn when preggo. any salad with any dressing did it for me, pizza sauce, cucumbers, i would eat bread and sleep upright that helped also slept with tums next to me and they went everywhere with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling your pain tonight. Went to Mexican, then went for a ride. Was almost burrito on the roadside. Looking forward to a nice enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete