Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend- Milwaukee, WI

So we head out to Milwaukee to visit my the Markowski side of my family for labor day weekend/our last weekend of traveling until we have a baby probably!

Our flight out was on Thursday night.  For the most part, the flight was ok except for two things: 1.) on the take-off, the pilot decided he wanted to see how quickly he could get back to level after making a sharp right-handed turn causing my stomach to fly into my throat and 2.) the pilot informed us we would be landing shortly and there were thunderstorms in the area (read felt like we were flying into a black hole and holy rocking the boat on the landing and me seriously thinking we were going to die.)  But we got there, and Aunt Lauren and cousin Layla picked us up, we watched some t.v. and went to bed.

The rest of the weekend is a blur of family fun time and some moderate amounts of chaos, which is expected with a big family.  I was really glad I got to see my parents at least for a few hours.  Here are some highlights of our trip:
  • Real Chili
  • Catchphrase
  • Lawn golf and bocci ball
  • Pictionary
  • Grammy's delicious desserts including apple cake, jimmy cake and eclair torts
  • Cheese curds
  • Mini Golf and batting cages
  • Testing out Justin's new camcorder
  • Trying to get everyone to feel the baby move (even though Mom didn't get to feel it :( ) and Uncle Brendan saying "That's it???" upon feeling the kicking
  • Spending time with my awesome family, no matter how little time

Despite a Hokie disappointing loss on Labor Day, I had a great weekend.  And I'm not even mad that I'm exhausted.  I got pretty emotional at the airport because I'm really upset about probably not seeing much of my family this upcoming holiday season (which is the main reason I love the holidays.)  Here are some photos from our weekend get-a-way.  Also, check out the belly shots because I'm pretty sure I am growing a lot now, my boss even said I looked much bigger today at work than last week.

P.S. Grammy Markowski is 100% sure it's a boy, and my mom is keeping her opinion a big secret:)

No comments:

Post a Comment