Thursday, August 19, 2010

Prenatal Yoga #2

I was at yoga class today, knowing our awesome instructor Padma is in Costa Rica for 2 weeks and that we would be having substitutes on Thursdays and Sundays.  Well, as you all know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE prenatal yoga.  I think my favorite parts of it are that it isn't yoga-ish and we work hard.  Not that we didn't work hard today, but I really miss Padma.

Seeing as she is a friend of mine, she has read my blog before so I don't want her to think that this wasn't a great instructor.  So, Padma, Jessie was great.  I still got a pretty good workout and got to relax and de-stress, but it wasn't quite as up my alley as Padma's classes are.  We did a lot of the named yoga poses, which is what I didn't really want when I started.  My 2 favorites parts about Padma's class are the ninja roll at the end and when we sing to our bellies.  And we didn't get to do either.  The ninja roll is this thing where we lay our our backs with our feet up the wall because it increases the blood flow to Baby.  It feels awesome! And it sounds totally cheesy, but I love the singing to our babies about being happy and healthy.  I always leave feeling great!

I left feeling almost as great today, just not quite the same.  One of the other girls that has been in class with me a lot walked out with me and said, "Well, that was different."  I laughed and said I missed the ninja roll.  She said she was thinking that same thing and she thought about going into it on her own at the end, but she thought that might be rude! :)  I love the girls in class too.  I'm going to probably go on Sunday and maybe next Thursday again.  Like I said, not bad, just not Padma.

On another note, my boss says I'm really beginning to pop so I'll post a new belly shot soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment