Sunday, August 22, 2010

Registries

So, I have spent about 2/3 of my weekend trying to finalize our registries.  You know, when you get married you think that is a little overwhelming because you aren't really sure what you need versus what you want, etc.  But really, you have no idea until you get pregnant.

I mean, there is SO MUCH baby crap.  Now, not finding out the sex limits the clothing registry, etc, but we aren't changing our minds! :)  But, I'm pretty proud of myself after this weekend of going over a very (really too) long list of things that Buy Buy Baby (the Bed Bath & Beyond of baby stuff) says that you should register for, which if you have gotten married, you know this list is of about 300% of the stuff you actually need.  I talked to my sister-in-law who has a 2 1/2 year old and my friend that had a baby last weekend, and eventually my mom a little bit and I think they are pretty good.  Not perfect and I'm sure I forgot some stuff but I'll worry about it later.  Target, Buy Buy Baby and Land of Nod, thank you for filling my weekend with strollers and bouncers and bassinets, oh my!

Then, today, we spent the afternoon with our good friends Erin and Tony, who had little Jack last weekend, the day before Justin's birthday.  He's adorable and perfect and teeny tiny and so quiet!  We love you Burba's!  And now I can't wait until January.  Plus, I'm so excited to have a great friend who can give me some heads-up advice a little in advance after experiencing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment