Saturday, April 7, 2012

12-16 Weeks


Why does this feel like so long ago?  I'm only 17 weeks 5 days.
  • Baby is the size of a:  12 weeks: lime, 13 weeks: medium shrimp (what?), 14 weeks: lemon, 15 weeks: apple (Kayla's favorite) 
  • Total weight gain/loss: No weight gain from 12 to 16 week appointment with midwife.  I'm thankful for this as long as baby is growing fine.
  • The bump: Justin told me around 11-12 weeks that I would "have to start telling people soon."  Nice.
  • Symptoms:  Cannot eat more than about 10-12 bites of anything before I feel like I cannot swallow one more bite, or the taste on that last bite makes me want to vomit.  Talk about annoying.  Still pretty tired but feeling more life breathed into me!  
  • Food cravings: I eat a lot of apples with Kayla, and peanut butter & jelly.   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  See symptoms above.  Did I mention this was annoying?
  • Sleep:  There was a stretch of about 5 weeks where every single Thursday night I would be wide awake between 2 and 4 (or longer) am.  I watched a lot of t.v.  And took a lot of naps with Kayla on Fridays.
  • What I miss:  Having more options of things to wear.
  • Wedding rings:  Still very much on.
  • Names:  Not thinking about it yet. 
  • Maternity clothes:  I can thankfully wear Lululemon yoga pants to work.  Regular shirts are no longer long enough...not that they were really very long before anyways.
  • Labor signs: Nope
  • Best Moments: My 16 week midwife appointment.  Good heartbeat and she is so awesome.  She gave me a lot of information, answered all my questions and just generally told me something that made me super happy for the rest of the day. :)
  • What I am looking forward to:  Having more energy to get to prenatal yoga and/or spinning class.
  • Worries?:  Still saving this for it's own post. 
16 week belly shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment