Tuesday, April 3, 2012

8-12 Weeks


I'm trying really hard to remember how I felt during these time periods, but everything is a bit of the same in those first few weeks for me.
  • Baby is the size of a:  8 weeks: kidney bean, 9 weeks: grape, 10 weeks: kumquat, 11 weeks:  fig 
  • Total weight gain/loss: I went to the see my new midwife during my 8th week (we'll call her LGW).  If my calculations are correct, I'd rather not say how much I gained during these weeks.  I honestly am not sure how because I cannot find anything to eat that sounds at all appetizing.
  • The bump: It's definitely growing a little faster than I would like, definitely faster than Kayla.
  • Symptoms:  I remember thinking during these weeks that Kayla may have been a stubborn baby, but this baby seems to hate me.  I don't remember feeling so nauseous for this long with her, or maybe I just blocked that part out.  I'm still super tired but I remember that happening too so no shocker there.  
  • Food cravings: Feeling mostly aversions at this point and nothing sounds good to eat.   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Justin made some chili for the super bowl in the crock pot.  When I walked into the apartment while he was prepping stuff (i.e. beginning to cook some onions) I honestly thought it was going to be the first time I threw up this pregnancy.  I've never smelt anything so rancid.  I'm also starting to have a really hard time changing/cleaning Kayla's poopy diapers.
  • Sleep:  Starting to become not so fun.  I'm a back sleeper so this is a tough part of pregnancy for me.  Bought a body pillow from Costco to us to prop myself up almost on my back and snuggle with. :)
  • What I miss:  Beer.
  • Wedding rings:  Still very much on.
  • Names:  Not even in my thought circle at this point. 
  • Maternity clothes:  Occassionally wearing my work maternity pants just because they are more comfortable, but I can still get into normal pants or just use a hair tie to rig my pants closed for some more give. 
  • Labor signs: Nope
  • Best Moments: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my 12 week appointment, even though it took LGW quite a bit of time to find it and Kayla cried while she used the doppler on my belly.
  • What I am looking forward to:  Losing the nausea.
  • Worries?:  Still saving this for it's own post. 
Week 12 belly photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment