Sunday, April 1, 2012

4-8 Weeks


I had the greatest intentions to write a weekly post and save them for publishing when I announced my pregnancy.  What actually happened is me being way too busy with life, so here I am, trying desperately to recall how I was feeling, etc. to update you all on my pregnancy with Baby Hales #2 (or BH2).  So this is the best I could do.  I will be grouping updates before 16 weeks into 4 week intervals.  Started Monday (17 weeks) hopefully I can get on track with weekly updates. :)  Until then, here is what I can remember from weeks 4-8.

  • Baby is the size of a:  4 weeks: poppy seed, 5 weeks: sesame seed, 6 weeks: lentil bean, 7 weeks:  blueberry :)
  • Total weight gain/loss: I have no idea what exactly I weighed before getting pregnant (besides not what I wanted to weigh) so I'm going to go with I've hardly gained anything at this point. :)
  • The bump: Does this sprout up the second you find out you are pregnant the second time around?
  • Symptoms: So stinking tired, and pretty nauseous
  • Food cravings: I am supposed to be eating at this point??  
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous: You mean besides breathing?  But seriously, the nausea seemed to be relatively constant (maybe a little worse in the mornings) at this point.  No actual "morning sickness" but just not feeling too great.  (I think at this point with Kayla I was still in shock I was pregnant so I didn't notice any symptoms.)
  • Sleep: I pretty sure I was sleeping fine at this point, just waking up not feeling too hot.
  • What I miss: Worrying about losing weight instead of gaining it.
  • Wedding rings:  Still very much on.
  • Names:  I am very highly likely not sharing any of our name options with anyone (except maybe my secret Mom's group on facebook) because I really don't want to hear people say nasty things about names I like.  But I haven't even taken a second though about names at this point.
  • Movement: Definitely a bit too early for this. 
  • Maternity clothes:  The good news is I'm still in my normal pants.  The sad news is I never actually stopped wearing a lot of my maternity tops.  Most people would never have guessed they were maternity anyways as they are fitted but longer than normal shirts.
  • Labor signs: Hopefully not!
  • Best Moments: Telling our families Kayla was going to be a big sister.
  • What I am looking forward to: Telling everyone Kayla is going to be a big sister. :)
  • Worries?:  This is for another post in and of itself. :)
8 week Belly shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment