Tuesday, April 10, 2012

16-18 Weeks


Alright!  I'm getting up to date now!  Yesterday was 18 weeks and we have our halfway ultrasound next week.  Pregnancy is a bit crazy fast this time around.
  • Baby is the size of a:  16 weeks: avocado, 17 weeks: turnip, 18 weeks: bell pepper
  • Total weight gain/loss: I think I'm holding steady at a weight between 5-10 pounds more than pre-pregnancy, but my belly is definitely growing larger.
  • The bump: See above.  My patients are telling me it's growing every day.  I can make it smaller or bigger based on my stance though. :)
  • Symptoms:  I'm feeling like I have a lot more energy and am going to start going to prenatal yoga and/or spin classes soon.  I'm not having as much of that weird nausea/food aversion thing anymore so that's nice.  
  • Food cravings: Smoothies.  What is it about pregnancy and smoothies?   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Apparently the lobster bisque I had the other night didn't sit very well.  Other than that, I can't think of anything.
  • Sleep:  Some nights seem ok.  I usually get up at least once to go to the bathroom.  Some nights are really really terrible.  I'll take the good ones. :)
  • What I miss:  Beer.
  • Wedding rings:  I pretty much only wear my wedding band for the most part anyways and it's still going strong.
  • Names:  We have discussed some girls names and boys names too.  Nothing definite. 
  • Maternity clothes:  I desperately need to find some shorts/capris.  I bought a few more shirts from Macy's last weekend which has helped in the clothing options department.
  • Labor signs: Nope
  • Best Moments: Starting to feel some very small movements.  They are very on and off but I feel like I know more what to look for this time around. )
  • What I am looking forward to:  Our halfway ultrasound.  We may have the tech write down the sex in a sealed envelope so if Justin really starts dying to know we can look.  I know I won't be tempted because I have no desire to know the sex before Baby Hales #2 is born.
  • Worries?:  Still saving this for it's own post.
18 Week belly photo:

1 comment:

  1. remind me to talk to you about this blog I read. She has a great tutorial for an easy skirt. I can help you. She basically threw it on and wore them throughout her pregnancy. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete