Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Halfway!! 20 Week Update


I've decided, based on some reader feedback, to do not weekly updates but maybe every 2-3 week updates.  Things don't change that much week to week for me and it's nice to see in one place how the baby is growing. :)  I can't believe we are halfway to meeting BH2.
  • Baby is the size of a:  19 weeks: large heirloom tomato, 20 weeks: banana (these comparisons don't seem all that similar to me, some are long and skinny and some are round?  Whatever babycenter.com. :))
  • Total weight gain/loss: At my Midwife appointment last Friday, I seemed to have gained an exorbitant about of weight in the past 4 weeks but I'm blaming a faulty scale.  I honestly don't think that would be possible.  But I'm guessing around 12ish pounds up.  I'm in denial.
  • The bump: On of the owners of the performance center I work at told me yesterday I looked "very pregnant."  Um...Thank you?  The bump is definitely growing and I think is shaped very much like I was with Kayla.
  • Symptoms:  So remember 3 weeks ago when I had some spicy lobster bisque that didn't taste as good the second time around?  Well that happened again to me this weekend.  I think I need to stay away from foods that have a lot of different flavors and spices that I wouldn't normally eat when not pregnant.  Once again, as with Kayla, I am a little bit over the constipation and could really do without the stuffiness but if those are the worst things about my pregnancies, I'll take it. 
  • Food cravings: Pancakes.  I could eat pancakes every meal of every day for the rest of these 20 weeks.  And normally, pancakes aren't my favorite breakfast food.   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Cilantro?  Some other spice...I can't quite figure it out.
  • Sleep:  I have begun propping myself up on more pillows so I'm not laying as flat and I can sleep more on my back where I am most comfortable.  It seems to be working a little better.  I'm still getting up at least 1x per night to pee.
  • What I miss:  Still beer...it's the season for one of my favorite beers.  I think we are going to have to buy a 6 pack and save it for September for me.
  • Wedding rings:  I can still put all rings I normally wear on.  If I'm warm (most of the time) they are a little tight but that's pretty normal.  If only wearing my wedding band (normally), I have no issues.
  • Names:  Not much more talk since 2 weeks ago but one girl name is really growing on me.
  • Maternity clothes:  I still need some shorts or capris as the weather starts to get warmer I'm going to be melting in maternity jeans.  I have recently purchased a dress I can dress up and dress down for a couple friends weddings this summer so I'm excited to received that!  Any suggestions on where to buy some "maternity" shorts or capris?
  • Labor signs: No thank God.
  • Best Moments: Halfway ultrasound (post to follow).  Justin started rubbing my belly more. :)  Maybe it's subconscious.  
  • What I am looking forward to:  Seeing how Kayla continues to react to my growing belly.
  • Worries?:  I am hoping to work on this post this coming weekend if I have some time.  
20 week belly photo:

2 comments:

  1. Try shoping at Old Navy and Loft online. Good luck and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm pancakes!! Adorable bump

    ReplyDelete