Sunday, December 23, 2012

In sickness and health...

This post has nothing to do with marriage...or maybe it does a little bit.

Yesterday Kayla was sick as a dog.  We woke up to get things ready for me to go to work.  Kayla asked for "juice" which is totally normal.  Then right before I left for work, she threw up.  This has happened once before so I asked Justin if he wanted me to stay home.  He said no to go to work and he'd call or text if he needed anything.  2 hours later, he was texting me to come home because she had thrown up 4 times.

It's hard to juggle an infant who needs almost all of your attention and a puking toddler who needs almost all of your attention.  So I told the front desk to cancel the rest of my patients for the day because my daughter was throwing up.

When I got home, she started to throw up every 15 minutes.  She literally would drink some water and then 5 minutes later throw that up.  I called the doctor again, because despite in the back of your mind knowing it's just a bug and she'll get over it, you still want that reassurance.  It's hard to keep her hydrated when she can't even keep water down.  After throwing up about 13-15 times before 1 pm, I told Justin that maybe one of us should take Brody out to get him away so he doesn't get sick and to just "divide and conquer."  He took Brody to the mall and Kayla and I took a nap on the floor.

My little girl, who is so active and busy that sometimes she won't even take a nap in her crib, fell asleep right on the floor next to me while I rubbed her back in 5 minutes.  Seeing her throwing up made me really want to cry for her, but I loved how cuddly and sweet she was while she was sick.



She's still sweet, but after our nap, she was back to her active, busy, loud and sometimes annoying self. :)  Back to the marriage thing, I have to say Justin and I were master tag team-ers with our sick toddler and our fussy baby yesterday.  I love that man more every day.

I realized while writing this post that I still have to update on Brody's 3 month birthday and photos, and yesterday Kayla was 23 months old.  I can't believe she's almost two - wait, based on her behavior I totally can.

No comments:

Post a Comment