Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a fun and family filled Thanksgiving again this year.  I think normally on Thanksgiving we will try to make our way out to Virginia, but since Brody was still so little and we didn't really have the money to fly, we stayed home this year.  

Like last year, we headed to my mom and dad's where my older sister was cooking in my parents brand new kitchen.  My little sister's fiance's parents and sister were also coming over, along with my grandma and my uncle (my grandpa was sick so he didn't want to spread any infections, especially to the little ones.)  This was also Kayla's first big outing without a diaper.  I was worried she'd be to busy and too distracted to remember to go to the potty, but we only had one small accident and it was only because we didn't get there in time.  I ran her to the potty and she peed partially on the bathroom floor.  Overall, a success in my book.  

Kayla was also SUPER excited to see Uncle Brendan (even though I had told her everyone that would be there.)  When she saw Brendan she VERY excitedly exclaimed, "OOOHHH!  Brendit here!!!!!!" (Imagine arms flailing in excitement and very thrilled toddler voice.)  

Photobucket

I tried to just capture the feel of the day in pictures.  It was mostly very laid back with Lauren and I feeding and putting Liam and Brody down for naps most of the day. :)

Aunt Meg took a few breaks from cooking:
Photobucket

Gigi helping with the prep work (i.e. peeling potatoes):
Photobucket

Uncle Brendan folding his laundry.
Photobucket

Lauren swaddling and putting Liam down for a nap:
Photobucket

Aunt Lauren and Kayla:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Papa cleaning his glasses (he wasn't too thrilled I took this picture.):
Photobucket

Kayla with her Aunts:
Photobucket

"Meme, Up!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kayla with her aunts and uncle (such a great photo...sort of.  This was right before Kayla learned the "cheese" meant smile for the camera.)
Photobucket

"Cheese!"
Photobucket

The boys were on pretty much the same schedule that day.
Photobucket

So different. :)
Photobucket

My grandma was thrilled Brody wasn't sleeping the whole time (she's under the weird impression he's always sleeping...right):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok admittedly not the best picture and in Brendan's defense he works nights so this is normally his sleeping time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy and son watching football.
Photobucket

Photobucket

So smiley, Kayla wanted to see what Karen was doing that was so funny.
Photobucket

Papa and Brody:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kayla and Erin (my soon to be brother-in-law's sister)
Photobucket

Nanny filling her "baby holding" quota:
Photobucket

The cook yelling at someone to get out of the kitchen (just kidding):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Gigi and her only granddaughter (so far :) )
Photobucket

Photobucket

Two very special and important people to me:
Photobucket

My dad cutting the turkey:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cook setting up the buffet:
Photobucket

Finally eating:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dogs (I didn't manage to snap one of Kerrigan...she's always on the go)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kevin testing out my lens on Liam...this was his best shot. :)
Photobucket

Then on Friday we headed back out to my parents because my sisters, mom and I were going shopping for wedding dresses for Lauren.  We had two appointments and we luckily found a beautiful dress at the first one!  Kayla came with us and was overall well behaved and peed in the potty like a champ! :)

Megan and Brody:
Photobucket

Liam with Gigi:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall it was a fun but busy weekend.  My ** birthday was also on Thanksgiving this year.  I'm just glad it's past as I usually dislike the time around my birthday because no one remembers it.  

Hope everyone Thanksgiving was filled with family, food and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment