Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy, Sick Holidays

So the last I posted Kayla had some sort of stomach flu before Christmas.  The day after that was Sunday and my sister, Kevin and Liam (and the dogs) had headed down to my parents for the holiday stretch.  So since everyone seemed better, we headed over to hang out.  Sunday night, we got up with Brody a few times and Justin and I both mentioned that we weren't feeling so hot.  Justin appeared worse in the morning and Christmas Eve is our day to get together with my mom's side of the family for as long as I can remember.  Kayla and Brody were fine, so I didn't want them to have to miss out.  I put on my big girl mommy panties and trudged out of the house sans Justin to my parents.  He was sick and didn't want to spread it.  And neither did I.  As the day progressed I started to feel worse and worse.  I quarantined myself in my parents room and basically could barely muster the energy to even feed Brody.  I'm glad my kids got to be there with everyone.  I finally started to feel better towards the end of the day but we headed home early in the afternoon just to be home.  That night, Justin and I had to put together the kitchen for Kayla from Santa (a.k.a Nini and Pampy).  And it was going ok, slow but ok, until Kayla threw up.  Sigh.

Christmas day we still weren't quite 100% but we headed to my parents for the third day in a row to make sure to make the most out of Brody's first Christmas.  Turns out, we (read: Kayla) had spread the flu to literally my entire family over the next couple of days.

Not a great, but if nothing else, a memorable first Christmas as a family of four.  Last weekend we headed up to Michigan so I could meet Justin's mom's side of her family who I've never met.  And so we could see his grandpa who hasn't met our kiddos yet.

I know basically I've had some blog silence for a couple weeks now, but I was busy spending time with my family and trying to get over sickness.  We have also been desperately trying to get Brody on a better schedule so things can just go smoother.  Nothing seems to be working and I am still sick (not flu but not feeling great at all.)  Brody has been sleeping terribly for these last couple weeks.  We thought we turned a corner but now we aren't sure again.  We went back to swaddling him which seemed to be helping, but now I'm not convinced.  Kayla has been screaming her head off at bed time for the last month and we've just recently discovered she may be scared of the dark/having bad dreams.  So we have her noise machine and the Vick's thing lighting up her room at night and last night was the first night in a month she didn't make a peep all night.  So thankful to have my happy little girl back.

I will be back soon with a PLETHORA of posts.  I have a lot of photos to go through and edit.  I have to still do Brody's 3 month update, a Christmas/holiday recap and hopefully some New Years resolutions.  One of which is to blog more for myself. :)  Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment