Saturday, November 13, 2010

Official Due Date....ONLY 1!

I had my 30 week doctor's appointment yesterday.  I saw a new nurse midwife who I haven't seen before.  She was really nice.  When she came in and sat down, she said "So, 30 weeks and 3 days?"  I was like, wait what?  Because you see, according to the doctor's until yesterday, I was under the assumption they were still using the January 24th due date and I would have been 29 weeks and 4 days yesterday.  So I said, "Oh, you guys changed the due date?"  She said maybe the previous midwife I had seen had done it since I wasn't really sure at all about the first day of my last period.  This seems like a stupid thing to be excited about but I'm thrilled I can stop saying "Depends on who you ask," when people ask me when I am due.  I'm officially only due on the 18th of January!

The midwife also told me the first thing that might not be a perfect easy pregnancy this week.  My iron levels are borderline low so I'm supposed to add more to my diet.  She said I can get it by eating things like spinach, beans, and ... liver.  I said, "So all the delicious things!" :)  She said she cringed every time she said it!  Anyways, looks like more steaks for me!  She also told me that I should get a flu shot and that we most likely will not get another ultrasound unless they need to see something (position) or if I go past my due date - to check everything out.

Also this week, we got our new stroller!  They said it would take 2 weeks to ship but that turned into 2 days!  So I went into nesting/cleaning mode on Thursday night.  I put together the swing, bouncer and stroller.  I pushed the stroller around our kitchen island (the only place where there is ANY room) and said, "Justin, how do I look?"  He told me I looked pregnant!

Hopefully today, I'll make some thank you cards for my generous friends and family and/or actually make my honeymoon scrapbook!  Here is a picture of some of our organized baby things in the den/nursery!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha "you look pregnant"...definitely see Justin saying that

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news, I heard shrimp is a great source of iron.... get to eating! :)

    ReplyDelete