Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthing classes!

So this will probably be a quick post but we attended our first birthing class on Monday.  Justin said he is more excited afterwards, whereas the more I learn and see the more nervous I become...so hopefully he will be calm, cool and collected and pull through for me!  The instructor asked us to introduce ourselves and, among other things, say what we had least expected about this pregnancy.  I quickly came up with my response: the "pregnancy brain."  I mean seriously, I spent all afternoon on Sunday with my husband who I have known and been with for 6 years, and I didn't even notice he shaved his beard!  I'm embarrassed to admit it since I pretty much observe people for a living, but I'm sorry Justin!

My highlight from the class:

While watching the first of I'm sure many "birthing videos," which was relatively PG, there was some cheesy music and narration playing in the background.  I really can't even describe it, but the reason it was a highlight for me was because it made me realize that although Justin and I are VERY VERY different, there are some things that are so similar and always make me smile.  Such as Monday night, while watching this video, about 5 minutes in, all I could think was "man this is pretty cheesy with the music and the narrator."  The moment I'm thinking this, Justin squeezes my  hand to get my attention.  I turn to him and he whispers to me, "Is it just me or is this a little cheesy?"  Haha, exactly what I was thinking!  I love you!  More to come tomorrow maybe- including new photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment