Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Who Needs Sleep Part Deux

Good God, I'm tired.  And so very very frustrated.  I'm an honestly doing my damned-est to stay positive through all of this but it's becoming increasingly difficult.  Many of you followed me through my sleep troubles with Kayla, and Brody is turning the same direction.

I'll tell you something, he only eats once a night between 7 and 7-7:30.  This sounds fabulous right?  Until I tell you that he wakes up about 3 times at least besides those times.  And last night, it took 2 hours to get him back to sleep (which is has NEVER taken, since he's been born.)  I'm still staying as positive as possible since today he started rolling from his back to his stomach, so I'm guessing that is part of the problem.  I'm also pretty sure he's getting his bottom teeth.  And I KNOW he has a lot of gas.  

I think the gas is the most frustrating for me because I can tell it's really bothering him.  Especially at about 5:30 am when he's screaming in pain.  Every day.  I think more than staying positive, I'm just trying to enjoy the time when he is little, even if there are some things that are a real pain in the ass.  (I'm really praying that the doctor doesn't tell me to give up breastfeeding next week to help with the gas.  I hope she has a different solution because I'm not quite ready for that.  But I have a whole other post stewing in my brain about sleep and breastfeeding...sort of.) :)

In other, much nicer news:

Over Christmas, friends of ours were in town from Washington DC.  I met E when I was training for my first Team in Training event, the Nation's Triathlon.  She and T had just moved to DC and we clicked right away.  Plus she's an MU grad and from the Chicago area.  We haven't seen each other since her first son's first birthday (he's now 2.5...well almost).  Her son share the same birthday!  How crazy it that.  It was really great to see her and her little family.  I can't wait to see them again!

Here are some pictures I snapped (and she took a few too).  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kayla loved dancing with Erin to the jukebox tunes. 

Photobucket
Kayla and J loved the light switches.

Photobucket
And the phone.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is E and T's second son, G.  :)  That's a lot of letters for you.  He's a month older than Brody...but smaller ;).

Photobucket
I'm glad I was able to snap this adorable picture of J.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Almost all of us, minus G who was napping. :) And clearly Kayla needs a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Just want you to know that you're not alone in your sleep troubles, Mama. I have no sound advice to offer, as we're struggling with a restless toddler at night, but know that there's another mama out there who is up several times at night, exhausted during the day, sometimes shedding tears when the energy is gone, and wishing for smoother and restful nights in the near future. Hang in there and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of the best parts of mommyhood is knowing you are almost never alone! :)

      Delete