Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weddings

This weekend was our friends Frank and Lauren's wedding weekend.  Frank went to Tech with Justin and some of our other close friends.  Let me tell you, these boys are crazy, but I love them.

If I recall correctly, I met most of them at our other friends Jon and Therese's wedding 5 years ago.  Justin was in Jon's wedding and Jon was in ours.  I may have met some of the guys at a house party when Jon and Justin lived together in college, but let's be honest...I don't exactly remember all the details from college! :)  I have so many fond memories of the few times we all can get together and this weekend was no exception.

I had given Lauren the name of our DJ and photographer.  I remembered giving her Rachel's name (RMN photography is AMAZING!  Like her on Facebook!!), but I didn't remember giving her DJ Mike's name.  When we walked in, Justin noticed they were using our DJ as well.  I asked Justin if he was going to say hello, and then said, "If he remembers us, you know our wedding was fun!"  Justin said, "He probably does hundreds of weddings each year."  To which I responded, "I know, that's why if he remembers US you know it was a good time!"  When we were waiting in the receiving line, DJ Mike came up and said hello and thanked us for giving Lauren and Frank his name.

We were able to chat for a few minutes with Rachel, who was telling us that she and DJ Mike were trying to figure out where they knew each other, and then they came up with our names.  It feels nice they remembered us, and I'm really so happy to get them more business, since they are both wonderful!

Anyways, the wedding was so much fun!  Yes, it was hot, but seeing friends we hardly get to see, dancing and laughing at the good times is worth every degree!  Unfortunately, I didn't take too many photos, but I did get a few good videos on my iPhone, of the crazy dancing of course.  I have a sad feeling this may be one of the last times for awhile we will get to be with all those people at the same time, so I'm going to relish in every memory of the weekend for now.  And, even though I made friends with rum, bourbon, red wine, white wine, Corona and Heineken, I still remember every second and felt wonderful afterwards!!!

A picture of most of the boys on my iPhone

Some video of the bride and groom and some of our friends dancing to some MJ...classic

I found this dance circle to Footloose hilarious

The boys do this Bobsled thing at each others wedding...I probably could go back in time and pull up photos from previous weddings
Ok I wasn't going to do it, but I found this photo from Jon/Therese wedding so easily...


I can't wait to see the photos Rachel took!  For now, I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos of my then boyfriend and our friend Jack I took at Jon and Therese's wedding 5 short years ago.  Every time we see Jack, we whip out this photo! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment