Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gearing up

We are here gearing up for a busy holiday filled with close family and friends, and I'm so excited.

I love being here with my sisters and brother and my daughter.  For the first time we are all together!  (Pictures to come soon.)  Yesterday was a pretty laid back day since Meg and I didn't sleep all that well on Friday night.  (Our babies weren't so well behaved despite their lack of sleep on our trek up here.)  But we ended up going shopping in the afternoon/early evening.

Now, anyone that knows me well knows I love a good shopping excursion.  Well, my sisters are even worse more in love with shopping than I am...AND I'm pretty sure we get it from my Nanny.  Ever since we were old enough to walk practically, shopping with Nanny has been like a tradition.  Not any particular time, it's just that when we are with Nanny, it's a given we go shopping.  Plus, Megan wanted to go to the outlet mall.  So off we went with Kayla in tow.  3 hours and multiple bags later, we were on our way home.

Kayla was (as always) great on our little outing, but she obviously takes after her mom, aunts, GiGi and Nanny and loves shopping.  Just like her mommy loves shopping for her.  I did end up getting a couple things for myself, but more importantly, I got some SUPER cute fall outfits for my little girl...think corduroy purple dress and striped tights.  Yeah, I can't wait to dress her up.  She's like my little doll and I love it!!!  So glad I have a little girl.  (Not that I would be any less thrilled with a boy!)

Tata for now, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.  Happy Holiday Weekend everyone, it's one of my favorites!

This is from our first pool experience last weekend (pre-editing) 
taken by Daddy...he did a pretty good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment