Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Environment

Having a baby in a new environment sucks.  (No offense Aunt Meg, we love being with you and Samson, but it you could have moving into our apartment it would have been easier with Kayla. :) )  She is hardly sleeping during the day, and really not sleeping as well as normal at night.  This combination is leading to her being over tired and not being able to sleep EVEN MORE!  So frustrating.

She also has developed more of a screaming cry, which is really hard to hear and it's damn near impossible to settle her down.  Today has been marginally better.  Tomorrow we are taking a trip back to VA to go to my work for me to fill out some paper work and then hopefully to go to baby and me yoga.  I am praying this works out relatively smoothly.  Walking Samson with Kayla in tow is kinda a struggle.  I am going to try to walk him with Kayla in my Moby wrap, I think that might go more smoothly.  And it's darn frigid in Aunt Meg's house.  (Seriously, sorry Meg I just need to vent.)

Kayla is quickly outgrowing the laundry basket but is still not quite ready to sleep without a swaddle, so I think we might be back to trying to have her sleep in the pack n play (which worked OK last time we tried but she doesn't sleep quite as long as normal.)  As I write this, she is sleeping in the pack n play, swaddle for a nap that I'm praying is longer than 30 minutes, which is the average napping time for the past 3 days.  I am also using our monitors for the first time since I am on a different floor in the house as she is.  I have a little anxiety about her not being right next to me so I can see that she is still breathing/alive, but I have to start somewhere.

Basically, I seriously need this week to be over.  The other night (after Kayla only slept for 2.5-3 hours before waking up) I literally laid in the extra room and cried, just because I really need it, while Justin and Kayla went back to sleep.  *Sigh*

I really love her, but I also really need some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment