Wednesday, March 9, 2011

6 week...

post partum appointment for mom!  It was yesterday.  And it went really well.

I saw Donna, who is the midwife I saw my last visit before Kayla was born.  She is the one that stripped my membranes.  She told me that Patrice actually sent her a text telling her when Kayla was born since she has stripped them 3 days prior.  She told me that my stitches were fully healed and everything looked great.  I'm still having a very small amount of pain but she said that was normal and may be from some swelling.  She asked me a bunch of questions about the day Kayla was born and her stats and everything.  Asked me if I had felt any post-partum depression.  I told her that only for the first two weeks.  She said that's totally normal and they call that post-partum blues.  Here were the important things I found out:

1. We can have sex again...maybe this is TMI but it's nice to know as we DO want more children eventually.

2. Good news: I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Bad news: I didn't really like that weight anyways so my goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs...maybe just tone everything up.  Now to figure out how to do it.

3.  I forgot to ask about exercise but I guess if I feel ok with it, I'm ok-ed to do it.  So soon enough, I'll be back on my bike and I'm thinking about going to baby and me yoga tomorrow.

This weekend we are moving in with Aunt Meg.  Should be fun.  Hopefully we can find some room for all of Kayla's things...Justin and I are hardly bringing anything but clothes.

I'm going to try to start taking more video of Kayla as she is VERY smiley and "talking" a lot especially after she eats.  I don't think I can put videos on my blog right now, but I'll try to upload them to my SmugMug page.

No comments:

Post a Comment