Saturday, March 5, 2011

6 weeks!

Kayla is 6 weeks old today!

We had our favorite photographer come over and take some photos of us and her today.  Hopefully we got some good ones because she was pretty fussy for a large portion of the time Rachel was here.  I think we got some good ones of her sleeping with a couple of props but we will see!

So, I've been thinking about what to blog about now that I can't gripe about pregnancy anymore.  I was thinking maybe discussing her milestones and things like that might be good but I can't really think of much.  Right now, all she does is sleep, eat and poop (and boy does she poop).

Her newest, and really first, milestone is we are getting some real smiles (or what the "experts call" social smiles.)  It is so awesome to see and makes all the crying fits worthwhile.  She now LOVES bath time.  She really hates getting out of the bath but we are working on that too, last night we drained the tub before we took her out and wrapped her in the hooded towel, she didn't seem to be screaming bloody murder like normal.  She has recently started blowing bubbles and "talking" more often.

A couple continued frustrations for me and Justin:

1.  It seems she is spitting up even more than normal.  It doesn't seem to cause her much distress, and I know I probably think it's a lot more than it is, but I'm unsure how she is getting any nutrition at all because it seems she is spitting up everything she is eating.

2.  There is still not even a semblance of a schedule.  I know I'd like to have some sort of predictability eventually but I'm becoming worried that is never going to happen.  Any advice from other moms on how they got their little ones on some sort of schedule would be greatly appreciated.  I still just try to feed her and put her down for a nap when I think she is hungry or sleepy respectively and try to play with her when she is alert.  We don't really have a set bed time and she sleeps anywhere from 4.5 to 7 hours a night depending on the night.  But the bedtime routine (no matter what time) is usually exactly the same.  I don't get it and I really hope it started to become more predictable soon.

Stay tuned for new professional photos :)  (I am going to right click protect them if I put them on my SmugMug site as a forewarning.)

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! I love your blog! It is so refreshing to hear about someone I know and their REAL journey through parenting. You are very honest, and it makes me less scared to think about having kids in the next few years reading about what you go through. Most people seem to only talk about the happy and easy things, and while that is great, I really appreciate knowing what parenting will *really* be like :) Congratulations and I'm sure you are and will be a fabulous mom!

    ReplyDelete