Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Pregnancy Symptom??

I'll get to my new pregnancy symptom in a minute, I just wanted to give you all a quick review of my week/weekend since I haven't written in a while.

Last Friday I had a 4-week doctor's appointment.  Went through the normal routine, pee, weight, BP, listen to the heartbeat, have the doctor tell me it's "perfect."  It was all good, and the newest doctor I have met was very nice and helpful in answering all of my questions.  The cramping I'm getting is pretty normal, but I should be aware if the cramping is in normal intervals and lasts for longer than an hour.  I also talked to her a little bit about birthing classes and wanting to have a natural childbirth.  She suggested hypnobirthing method, I'm still trying to talk to Justin about what we might want to do.  I guess I was more on top of these sorts of things than normal because the doctor kept saying, you don't usually have to worry about these things for a few more weeks.  At least I'm thinking about it.

Aunt Meg's best friend, Amanda was in town starting Saturday night so we've been doing a lot of things with them.  We met them for sushi on Saturday night (late dinner); I went to the American History Museum and dinner with them on Sunday; Justin and Megan played volleyball yesterday and then we got dinner at Sweetwater (best chicken fingers EVER!); and today they stopped by our place and we went to the Lost Dog Cafe.  It was really nice to see her and spend some time with them together, but I'm tired!!

Speaking of being tired, I'm already having a hard time sleeping with having to pee and trying to find a comfortable position, but for the past 4 nights in a row, I've been having nightmares.  I'm pretty sure this isn't a normal symptom of pregnancy.  Not only am I having nightmares, but they are TOTALLY random.  They have nothing to do with Baby, and rarely is there any friends or family in them.  And they have absolutely nothing to do with one another.  I'm not watching anything scary on TV and I haven't eaten anything funny.  It's so weird and if they don't stop soon, I'm totally going to be prepared for a baby because I haven't gotten much sleep at all.  If anyone has any great ideas on how to get these to stop, I'd really, really appreciate it!!

1 comment:

  1. I actually think that nightmares are pretty common. I used to have the weirdest dreams about the most random things, like someone I hadn't seen (or thought about) in 10 years would show up in a dream! Sometimes I would have nightmares about the baby too.

    ReplyDelete