Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Articles

I've recently seen a couple articles that made me laugh and I could truly relate to.  I thought some readers might get a kick out of them too.


This post talks about the difference between your first child and your second with regards to celebrating, documentation, nursing, cleanliness, etc.  I had a good laugh at a few, and they are shockingly quite true.  I'm not afraid to admit I dangle Brody away from my body if he's got a ton of drool dripping from his chin, I figure we clean up anyways.

Most true:
13. Benefits
The first childHad the benefit of all my attention. Good thing because I had no idea what I was doing.
The next oneHas the benefit of my experience. Good thing because I am busy explaining to her sister why she doesn’t get all of the attention anymore.


This article hilariously (and honestly) talks about how there is no such thing as a perfect parent and sometimes you just have to resign yourself to that fact.  Because no matter what you do, someone will tell you that you are doing it wrong or your child is going to turn out a freak because of it.  I'm so against all the judging that happens in between moms.  I do my fair share of doling out advice, but my advice is almost always along the lines of "You know your baby best.  Trust your mom intuition.  And don't let what your friends kids are doing get you down."  Sometimes I need to take my own advice.  Because Brody has been SUPER sick for the past week plus and he was finally turning the sleeping corner, and now we are back to the beginning.  Kayla has also decided she wants to scream again at bedtime and naptime.  I'm tired.  I'm doing the very best I can to focus on the important stuff and role with the punches, but the punches are about to knock me out.  We need to move into our new house and hopefully after a tough transition period things will settle down.

Check out this hilarious chart. :)

Because I can't do a post without pictures, we started Brody on solid foods around 4.5-5 months.  (Don't judge me.)  He was ALL about it.  Then the past 2 weeks, he's been sick and feverish and refuses to eat foods.  Even today, he's only eating about 25% of what he was 2 weeks ago.  Hopefully he'll get back to it now that he's starting to feel better.  I'm also considering baby led weaning with him since I feel that it might work better than it did with Kayla, but we'll see.

Despite the faces, he really enjoyed his first foods.  (Initially I had made my own brown rice cereal, but since the first week or two, we've only given him fruits and veggies.) 

 photo BLHFirstFoods4.jpg

 photo BLHFirstFoods3.jpg

 photo BLHFirstFoods2.jpg

 photo BLHFirstFoods1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment